Welcome To My World

I am deeply concerned with getting to the bottom autism, the zombie apocalypse, my children, lovely husband, odd bits of trivia, animals, Tool, and the hygiene habits of Walmart patrons. If any of these descriptions fit you....welcome to my world!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Poo: The Great Equalizer

As the mother of twins I understood that I would see more than my share of poo. I got my first "whiff"....wink, wink, when my daughter came home from the hospital. At 4lbs 7oz, her poo smelled badly that we could not dispose of her diapers anywhere in the house. Then there were the several times when Noel and her brother escaped from their pull-ups and created, ahem...art all over their walls, bed, floor and selves. No matter who you think you are, cleaning poo will make you someone else. Mariah Carey is a gorgeous glamorous singing star, but the first time her babies pooed and she cleaned it up, she was just another sad ass poo infused mom. I admit that potty-training two kiddos at once simply blew my mind! And I had to show both my boy and girl how to go potty. How the hell was I supposed to do this!? Even a dear friend of mine, a college president, potty trained his daughters and passed some of his expertise, but make no mistake, at one time he could be found promising a kid a cookie to poo.  The thing about poo is the humility; yours at having to clean it and protecting the child's self-esteem. Yes it's nasty and yes it sucks to have to clean it, but the child doesn't know better. I have even seen this happen to adults caring for ailing parents.  Humility means to bring down to earth, so perhaps the poo experience is designed to keep us all grounded; to bring us back to our roots. Well when my autistic son releases one of his catastrophic punamis in his room and I have to clean it, at the very least it's character building.

1 comment:

Lin https://linridley.miche.com/Home said...

I remember a few weeks ago when Emmitt went for the first time on the "potty"! I was so excited he had used it & he got up, looked down & in a disgusted tone said what's that!! lol I know what you mean though Joss, it is character building, if you can clean that up, you can do anything!!!

Followers