Welcome To My World

I am deeply concerned with getting to the bottom autism, the zombie apocalypse, my children, lovely husband, odd bits of trivia, animals, Tool, and the hygiene habits of Walmart patrons. If any of these descriptions fit you....welcome to my world!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

And Then Some.....

As I left the house this morning with a million things on my mind, the idea for this post came to me. I, and most of you, keep so much information in our heads that it's mindboggling. We keep kids school activities, family doctor appointments, work schedules, birthdays, etc. properly remembered and sorted. Between work, family, school, marriage, finances...need I go on...we are just overwhelmed. Though many husbands and significant others, including my own, do help, it still seems that the bulk of it falls upon the caregiver's (our) shoulders. So, when I am cranky for no reason, or short, or tired, or just uncommunicative it's probably NOT about you.

However during these emotionally mercurial times, we don't care about the Broncos trade or the latest tool or knife you ordered, or even the highest score on your video game at this very moment. While, it can sometimes be hard to say what it is we DO want, mainly because in many cases PMS is thrown in muddling our instincts, here's what I suspect: What we want involves some sort of undisturbed quiet (no kids, dogs, cats, or YOU) for just a bit. What we seem to need is permission to be upset, emotional or snappy, in a non-judgemental setting. Finally, at least in my case, affection is always welcome. Hugs, kisses and massages (non-sexual unless I request it), are a plus. And dinner, prepared by anyone but me, but one of my favorites can usually seal the deal.

Just remember that we are allowed after childbirth (that's right I played that card), raising children and in some cases many of you, work, daily stress and a menstral cycle accompanied by cramps, bleeding, backaches, PMS, PMDD, and homicidal musings, entitle us to be a bitch (if only briefly) and then some.

2 comments:

T ™ said...

I can so relate to this! Keep blogging joss! :)

Lin https://linridley.miche.com/Home said...

A great post sending (((((HUGS)))))!!

Followers